Saturday, May 24, 2008

Terry Hershey Trail

Goal: long run. Result: 9 miles and wiped out after 45:00. Out for 2 hours. Jogging at walking pace on way back as a group of girls walking passed me only after they broke into short runs. Due to heat switched to a morning run. Had been too tired to travel this 4 day weekend. Meant to be climbing 14ers in Colorado. Terry Hershey park was super busy - everyone trying to avoid heat of the day. Cyclists, runners, walkers and backpackers. BTW - what's up with the guys riding mountain bikes that don't yield? On a 2 foot wide path with grass borders both sides on way back from park, a guy tries to mow me down and squeeze by staying on path. I didn't see him and he could easily have detoured onto the grass - especially since he had time to yell at me and that was the first I saw him. I always yield - never a big deal. That's 3 times recently nearly collided because apparently the bikers think they have right of way and have just held their ground. Am I missing something? Anyway - may try long run again tomorrow.

No comments: