Monday, July 7, 2008

Kenyan Nights

Hills. 7 miles. Luis stood in for Sean. Session started little early so I saw them start as I came around Shepperd Bridge. Saw 2 hill circuits laid out. Session not obvious - a new course to me. Saw some people alternate between circuits - but nothing consistent. I settled on swapping circuits after 2 laps. Had a quick water break at 10 minutes. The next set swapping every 3 laps felt better. Form got progressively better throughout the workout. 42:00 w/u, 20:00 hills, 8:00 w/d. Missed core to make it back in time for Home Owners Association meeting.

So doing a longer warm-up despite 92F was to make up a little for weekend where active but unable to go running. It's the off season anyway so not going to worry family time or travel impacting training time. At the risk of not reaching full potential the off time is seriously reducing injury risk - especially when I compare to other runners blogged experiences. So I'm off to a work happy hour Tue night :-)

No comments: