Sunday, October 10, 2010

First brew success

First taste of batch #2. Re: iain's second batch: IPA

Success! But only after some panic from my first tasting. I purged the first pint before I placed keg in refrigerator. It looked so nasty I didn't attempt to taste it - even after second draw to be sure. It also came out under a lot of pressure unlike my last batch. So 24 hours later I tasted the first pint and it was nasty! I thought I had lost the whole batch. When Eric stopped by it turned out to be OK. I didn't know I had to purge the first pint after it cooled down. The third pint onwards it is perfectly clear and excellent. I'll put it any taste competition!

Anyway - it is an amazingly smooth and subtle hopped tasting brew. Much more of a Scottish style than I expected! If you prefer bitter beers you'll be disappointed or prepare to be converted. Stop by for a sample!

No comments: